Fiber Optic Cable to the Desktop
Backbone Fiber Optic Cable Distribution
Service Fiber Optic Cable Distribution
We made the switch to fusion splicing years ago and never looked back. In fusion splicing fiber, we use state of the art machines (fusion splicers) to align, heat and actually fuse two or more fibers together. This ensures a stress free round of testing for our technicians, along with the most reliable, uninterrupted connection possible for our clients.
With loss levels consistently almost guaranteed below -0.1db, fusion splicing is clearly the best possible solution when field terminating any type of fiber optic cable.
- Mechanical splicing does have it’s place – don’t get us wrong. When a customer is in a pinch and a technician does not have a fusion splicer available, all BTC technicians have the tools and are trained to field terminate different types of fiber optic connectors.
- Especially in secure or government spaces, fiber to the desktop is now and is still becoming a much more popular type of network infrastructure. BTC can help design, budget, and decide whether a fiber to the desktop solution is best for your company in the long run.
- Since opening in 2000, BTC has installed countless low-voltage backbone cabling infrastructures in commercial buildings. An aspect of telecommunications that was once dominated by copper – 25, 50, 100+ pair cables- is now being taken over by fiber optics. For good reason, building tenants are relying more on fiber-based circuits and ditching their old copper circuits.
- Fiber allows for almost zero risk of interference, much longer distance installations without loss of signal strength, and a much more efficient connection all-around.
- Whether you need backbone cabling for your entire building, or just need an extension from your building’s demarc into a new suite, let BTC help you get connected.
- BTC can provide aerial fiber installations of all kinds. From installing masts and running building to building to using telephone poles to run fiber long distances, BTC has the experience and know-how to get the job done the right way – and most importantly, SAFELY.
- BTC is knowledgeable in and careful to abide by all OSHA codes and standards when operating lifts and working in public open areas to install aerial fiber optic cables. BTC has the resourcefulness and get-it-done attitude to get over the hurdles and make sure the job gets done the right way, even if it is not the easy one.
- Experience makes the process painless. For years, BTC has worked with Contractors all over the DC metro area installing long-run underground fibers for main backbone feeds between buildings. Let BTC help design and implement your next underground fiber project – you’ve got other things to worry about.
We pride ourselves in our flexibility and response time to client’s network emergencies. Our technicians are spread out throughout the area, which helps for us to react to matters more quickly as they arise.
With state-of-the-art fiber test equipment and knowledgeable technicians, trained in all aspects of low-voltage cabling, BTC offers a solution to any connection problem you may be having inside your network. Please reach out to our office without hesitation if you need our help!!